Diversity & Inclusion:
A Look Back and the Path Forward
Monday, April 6, 2015
This presentation is an opportunity for faculty and staff to participate in a discussion on Normandale’s priorities for diversity and inclusion. It will also feature an overview of diversity and inclusion initiatives both at Normandale and MnSCU.
- Welcome from Normandale Leadership
- A look back at our accomplishments over the last year
- Synopsis of MnSCU resources, work plan, and a preview of their workshop
- Interactive activity to help determine priorities for the campus to focus on
- An interactive inclusion activity that will wrap up in the final presentation of Diversity & Inclusion Month
April 14, 2015, 2 – 3 p.m., P0808
Join us to gain an understanding of the four generations that are currently in the workforce. Discover what makes Millennials so unique and receive insight on how to better serve these students in an educational setting.
April 23, 2015, 10-11:30 a.m., P1838 or
2 – 3:30 p.m., P0808
Creating an Inclusive Climate: What’s My Role?
Josey Landrieu and Renee Hogoboom
Learn successful strategies to build an inclusive climate for staff, faculty, and students. The workshop will pay special attention to how an inclusive campus climate can help in the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. The workshop is offered twice to accommodate more schedules.
April 30, 2 – 4 p.m., Garden Room
The RACE Workshop
The RACE Workshop begins with a powerful exploration of race in America, shares thoughtful and provoking stories from professional artists, and engages participants using theatre as a way to problem-solve and model. The process celebrates difference, recognizes cultural nuance, and invites everyone to participate in the dialogue.