Now you’re talking my language.
February 29th, this Monday, from 3-4 in A 2552, language experts will offer guidance on how to pronounce words in languages other than English. Presenters include:
- Joyce Ester: president of Normandale Community College, American Sign Language
- Katrien Vanpee: Director of Arabic Language Program- University of Minnesota, Arabic
- Eric Narvaez, Normandale Faculty in Spanish
- Catherine Pulling, Normandale Faculty in French
- Deb Kellogg, Normandale Faculty in German
Faculty and staff are welcome.
Come learn how to talk your students’ language.
No makeup exams? No problem.
A couple of suggestions for alternatives to makeup exams. From the Faculty Focus blog.
Propose a session at the Minnesota Summer eLearning Summit
Held 27-28 July at Minneapolis Community and Technical College. More info here. Call for proposals closes March 11th.
Like the Teaching Professor blog?
Consider attending the Teaching Professor Conference. June 3-6 in Washington, D.C.
brightspace at Normandale
Normandale will host a regional brightspace conference. “Brightspace Minnesota Connection is your opportunity to connect with your peers and D2L staff, exchange product feedback, share effective practices, and network with other Brightspace users. ” Register here.
Write better research assignments
Do your research assignments confuse students? 6 tips on how to write better research assignments. Hat tip to Rachel Wightman in the library for this link.