Faculty Interest Group Grants (FIG, $1,000) extended.
The deadline for applying to MnSCU Faculty Interest Group grants for this spring and summer has been extended to April 15th. See Nancy Ludden and the website for more details. Faculty are encouraged to apply in teams from their schools, and Nancy is coordinating our point person for these grants.
The Other Side of Poverty
A University of Minnesota workshop on poverty. You will:
“1. Learn about the five principles for change to better meet the needs of working-class and poor students
2. Develop research-based teaching practices sensitive to working-class and poor children and families
3. Reflect on formative assessment of working-class and poor students across the curriculum
4. Take away powerful classroom ideas for incorporating social class-related content
5. Get ideas for establishing positive relationships with working-class and poor families
6. Earn 5 continuing education credits. ”
May 23rd. Register here.
Writing Enriched Curriculum Symposium
“The University’s Writing-Enriched Curriculum Program invites faculty members, instructors, and administrators from across the disciplines to its third campus-wide symposium. This all-day, celebratory event will be composed of large-group presentations and small break-out panel discussions, all focused on methods for infusing discipline-relevant writing instruction into undergraduate courses and curricula. The symposium will appeal to anyone interested in discussing shapes, modes, and qualities of writing and writing instruction.” Register here.
Blog posts of note