Spring break is right around the corner. Time to catch up and refresh.
Last chance for a Friday Coffee Fix before the break!
Do you have any small D2L goals you’d like to accomplish during the break? Here’s a list of suggestions of simple things you can do that will freshen up your 2nd half of the semester:
- Create an Intelligent Agent that sends an automatic email to students based on a specific criteria -such as a good grade on a quiz, or a missing assignment.
- Create an Award that pops up when a student logs in to D2L – awards can be fun “badges” or more significant “certificates” of accomplishment.
- Design a Sway tutorial that visually displays content in a fun and interactive way.
- Set up a Template that organizes your content cleanly and responds to all screen sizes.
- Create a group Discussion board.
- Link your content directly from Office 365 for ease of use.
- Add videos to your course through MediaSpace, Films on Demand, or Kanopy.
For any of the above topics, or any other D2L topics you want to ponder over the break, stop by L1735 this week!
D2L Connections: Minnesota Edition
It couldn’t be easier to get great online teaching ideas from people all across the region – right here at Normandale.
There are remaining Faculty Development Funds for this semester! Contact Kathleen for a pre-filled out form for this conference.
Registration is open for the D2L Connections: Minnesota Edition User Conference. Registration cost is $85 or join the group and pay $65.
Office 365 migration – complete!
Personal note from Kathleen: If you get the chance, please take the opportunity to thank the IT staff for their work with the Office 365 migration – the “behind-the-scenes” work it took to pull this off was extraordinary and – so far so good!
If you encounter any problems or questions, please contact 952-358-8181, or use the link below for more info:
Have a great week!