Reminder…D2L downtime & updates
Starting Friday, June 1 at 8 PM until approximately Saturday, June 2 at 12 PM, D2L Brightspace will be offline to move to D2L’s Cloud service. During this time, our D2L Brightspace sites will be migrated to cloud hosting, and upgraded to the cumulative version of 10.8.1.
Videos for All Survey!
Take this short Survey and receive $3 in Lancer Bucks (to first 20 respondents) AND enter a drawing for $25 in Lancer Bucks! (Drawing held during August Development Days)
Note: For both the survey and the Videos for All info, use your Office 365 sign-in credentials:
Summer D2L workshops!
Location: All workshops held in L3711 (3rd floor inside library)
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org OR 952-358-8617
Monday, June 25th
New Features/Cloud update (Repeated from May 21st)
9am-10am OR 11am-12pm
- After the Cloud migration on June 1st & 2nd several new features will be added to D2L.
- Practice using these new features to prepare to use them in your courses.
- This will be especially helpful if you are teaching Summer Session II
Tuesday, June 26th
Videos for All (Repeated from May 22nd)
- Discuss how to find pre-made videos for your courses
- Experiment with MediaSpace (online software for storing and creating videos)
- See a demo of Camtasia Studio (video-creation software)
- Learn how to make and/or request captions for your videos
- First 10 faculty to RSVP get a free headset & option for Camtasia! (Currently only 5 spots left for free gear)
Tuesday, June 26th
Student Engagement using advanced features (repeated from May 22nd)
- Learn consistency of design and the Checklist tool
- Experiment with Templates
- Set up Release Conditions
- Set up Intelligent Agents
Wed & Thur, July 18 & 19th
D2L Basics – 2 day workshop
8:30-3:30 both days
- Review basic instructional design principles as they apply to the online environment
- Learn and experiment with the primary tools in D2L
- Begin designing your course for either face-to-face, hybrid, or fully online environments
Tuesday, Aug 21st
D2L Crash Course
- Learn the basics of D2L
- Prepare the essentials of your online environment for the first day of class
Minnesota eLearning Summit! Aug. 1-2
Want to attend the Minnesota eLearning Summit? We have some dough set aside for faculty who want to attend – email Kathleen ASAP at email@example.com if you’d like to attend.