D2L Cloud migration complete.
As of June 2nd, D2L Brightspace is hosted in a cloud-based server, allowing for more immediate updates in the future without interruptions.
Videos for All Survey!
Take this short Survey and receive $3 in Lancer Bucks (to first 20 respondents) AND enter a drawing for $25 in Lancer Bucks! (Drawing held during August Development Days)
Note: For both the survey and the Videos for All info, use your Office 365 sign-in credentials:
Summer D2L workshops!
Location: All workshops held in L3711 (3rd floor inside library)
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org OR 952-358-8617
Monday, June 25th
New Features/Cloud update (Repeated from May 21st)
9am-10am OR 11am-12pm
- After the Cloud migration on June 1st & 2nd several new features will be added to D2L.
- Practice using these new features to prepare to use them in your courses.
- This will be especially helpful if you are teaching Summer Session II
Tuesday, June 26th
Videos for All (Repeated from May 22nd)
- Discuss how to find pre-made videos for your courses
- Experiment with MediaSpace (online software for storing and creating videos)
- See a demo of Camtasia Studio (video-creation software)
- Learn how to make and/or request captions for your videos
- First 10 faculty to RSVP get a free headset & option for Camtasia! (Currently only 5 spots left for free gear)
Tuesday, June 26th
Student Engagement using advanced features (repeated from May 22nd)
- Learn consistency of design and the Checklist tool
- Experiment with Templates
- Set up Release Conditions
- Set up Intelligent Agents
Wed & Thur, July 18 & 19th
D2L Basics – 2 day workshop
8:30-3:30 both days
- Review basic instructional design principles as they apply to the online environment
- Learn and experiment with the primary tools in D2L
- Begin designing your course for either face-to-face, hybrid, or fully online environments
Tuesday, Aug 21st
D2L Crash Course
- Learn the basics of D2L
- Prepare the essentials of your online environment for the first day of class
Want one-on-one help?
Request an appointment with Kathleen Coate for days/times listed below:
Tues, July 10th, 9am-11am
Tues, July 31st, 9:30-11:30; 12:30-2pm
Mon, Aug. 6th, 9am-12pm
Tues, Aug. 7th, 10am-12pm
Mon, Aug. 20th, 9am-2pm
Minnesota eLearning Summit! Aug. 1-2
Want to attend the Minnesota eLearning Summit? We have some dough set aside for faculty who want to attend – email Kathleen ASAP at email@example.com if you’d like to attend.
Need help right now?
For additional D2L help, contact the help desk at 952-358-8181 or use the AskUs – Employee edition ticket system – select “Click to login” in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Enjoy your day!